Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8th Day 05: Something in life that gives you balance.

Day 05: Something in life that gives you balance.

So, I skipped five on accident, so Day 5 and 6 should be switched around.

Something that gives me balance in my life is my family. While at times I can be self involved or overly critical of myself, they are my best support system. They also bring me perspective on what is important for myself and my life. My parents are incredibly supportive of my decision to have come to South Korea to teach even if it means that they wouldn't be able to see me for a year or less. They support my decision to go to grad school and (if I can get into the program and make it) be a writer. Or a teacher. Or anything I want to do in my life, as long as it makes me happy.
I try and focus on what makes me happy by also thinking about what would make them proud of me. I try to live up to what they taught me and what they see for me in my future. They want me to be happy and sometimes we may disagree on what that is, but I know they mean well. I know that just want me to do what is right for me.
My family balances out my loneliness and they make me feel loved. I appreciate their support while I am here and the messages I get from them. My mom will remind me that I need to take care of myself but I also need to let loose so that I don't go crazy in my apartment.

I miss them a lot too.

No comments: