Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4th Day 02: Something you regret not having done last year.

Day 02: Something you regret not having done last year.

I regret not having taking more weekends to travel around New England and going down into NYC at least once. I regret not spending more time with my friends and being more involved in their lives. I regret not participating more within my life so that these regrets would be irrelevant.

Regret is such a fickle thing. Living with no regrets is something I had strived for more in college but after a while, it just seems easier to stop actively living your life and let it slip by when you start to feel like you have no grip on it. Yet once you let life go like that it is so hard to get it back. You stay with what is comfortable instead of what is good for you. You let others take advantage of you because you worry that since you let others you were close to out of your life that you will never truly be appreciated again.

Yet this post is about what I regret NOT having done last year. It's not what I regret doing or what I regret happened. Which are really two separate sorts of regrets. You can regret so many things in life that it can overwhelm until that all life is, full of regrets. I do not want to live in that world. I do not want to be trapped with in that either.

I'll always have regrets but it's time to let go of the passivity that regrets give you about your life. I need to be more active.

No comments: