Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6 Day 04: Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy.

Day 04: Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy.

I enjoy my Sunday evenings, soon to be my Saturday morning or Sunday morning, cooking times. During the week I have little to no energy to make my dinner and I am getting sick of Ramen here, so I try to cook something different every week. I bought a bunch of rice when I first moved to South Korea and I am just now getting through the second bag of rice. I'm hoping one of these weekends I can go to the foreign food market in Seoul and buy my replacement carb, Quinoa, which also has protein and would be great for replacing both rice and pasta from my diet. It also tastes yummy!

Anyway, I really enjoy this time because I can just turn on some music or watch a movie while I prep and make everything. Depending on what I am making, if it's just my rice/pasta, meat, and veggie routine I've been doing, it will take about 2 hours for everything. I have been pretty boring, I typically buy every week or every other week two bell peppers, an onion, garlic, meat and if needed a sauce. It is also incredibly relaxing for me to do this. Especially when I am stressed out or upset about something. It allows me to vent and get my frustrations out all at once.

I haven't given myself a very strict routine while here because of how flexible a lot of my time seems to be. I'm staying up later, waking up later, and being less and less productive on the weekends. The cooking on the weekend is about the only thing that is always set in stone and done. I try not to waste too much food during the week so this is something that keeps me only buying what I need every week and what I will eat too.  I also tend to be more responsible with my money knowing that on Sunday or Saturday, I'll be buying my food for the next week and I only have this much money to buy that much food with.

Oh the beginnings of adulthood!

Allison

No comments: