Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One year in Korea

It has officially been one year since I came to South Korea and started teaching. When I first started, I was incredibly homesick and I felt like I was missing out on such a great time with my friends. I even started to think I probably wouldn't be able to make it a full year here. Now a year has flown by and I've met such a great number of people and I couldn't help but feel so greatful to them for making this year great.

I've traveled around South Korea, from the nothern part where the 2018 Winter Olympics will be held in Pyeongchang. I've seen the parting of the seas near Jindo and some gorgeous cherry blossoms in Gyeongue. I've traveled outside of Korea to Singapore, meeting my god mother's brother, Robert, and his wife, Beulah. I got to see some wonderful places there and I do hope to make it back before I head back to the states. I've been to Japan and was able to pet deer! I've hiked the highest mountain in Korea and will be hiking the 3rd highest this October and then in the spring the second.

I'm pushing myself to go farther than I have before and trying to discover where my passion lies. I love teaching these kids most days, and I enjoy traveling, once the trip has been underway.
Bryan, Brittany, mu, Mckenna, Milly, Collin. At Yesou
At sunrise hike for Jinhae trip
I expect another year of traveling with friends and seeing more of Southeast Asia. There are so many places I want to explore and I hope to make this blog more of a log of my travels and adventures!

No comments: