Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween to Present



Wow, I really need to get on my game here! I need to post more often, and I will try and catch every one up to speed on how life is going!

The past couple weeks have gone by really fast and I think it is partially due to how hectic work has been. The week before Halloween we were doing Level Up tests, which really messed up our schedule and put a strain on all the teachers to make sure we were getting all the material covered. The kids hate level up tests, they get super frustrated and they tend to try and get away with little things as well. I have a few students who qualified through their test scores to level up as well as a bunch of students who have been in the same class for 6 months so they automatically will be leveling up. I found out recently that I’m getting a new class to teach so I’m not sure how many of the same classes I will be teaching, but I hope to find out soon.

We had Halloween parties the week after leveling up tests, and it was a lot of fun. My schedule for those two days was great! I only taught a total of 4 classes and then had parties for the rest of them. Most of my students didn’t dress up because Halloween isn’t as popular here as elsewhere. It was a nice break from the usual, but when every one came back Wednesday, the kids were NUTS. It was like they had never had candy and were still on a sugar high from that day. It was fair enough and all, but I wish they had behaved better. I had to yell a lot that week and when the weekend showed up all I wanted to do was go out, but since I had not been paid at that point and time, I really couldn’t afford to.

Last week  I finally got my first paycheck! Wa-Hoo! It was really nice getting a nice big paycheck in my bank account and I have spent a nice portion already on getting sweaters and a winter coat. I have yet to find a pair of shoes to buy here though and that is my next goal, to get at least two pairs of shoes, one for work and snow boats. Over the weekend I was home for a total of maybe….16 hours? And that was spent sleeping for 10 of them. I was in Seoul for most of Saturday and Sunday, finding a jacket, clothes and getting my hair done. I was exhausted and sick when I got home Sunday. Yesterday work was a nightmare, I felt feverish and just ached all over from the lack of sleep. I made myself a wonderful veggie only dish when I got home and I feel a lot better today after sleeping for over 10 hours. I still ache, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I’m hoping work will go by fast because today I am hoping to join the gym tonight and get the first work out in here!

Tomorrow’s plan is going to a yarn store before work and buying some yarn. I’m hoping this weekend to go to the dentist by work and getting my cavities filled. I finally got my first two cavities! I wish I didn’t have any but I guess it was time I feel the pain every one else does from it, haha. It will probably be a lazy weekend, if the cavity filling is as bad as I think it will be, otherwise I’ll be going to Seoul to return some things I bought since I’m kinda eh about them now. I hope all of you are well!

No comments: