Sunday, January 13, 2013

End of the Month Photo Post: July

What did I do: Everland for birthday, birthday! Mudfest, and bought a new lens and summer vacation

July was a more laid back month for me, even with celebrating my 25th birthday here in Korea. My birthday fell on a Thursday, so I spent the weekend before with friends at Everland and Carribean Bay, which is a famous theme park in Korea. Since I live in Suwon, I live fairly close to Everland, an hour bus ride. I spent my morning at Carribean Bay, which is the water park. I really enjoyed the wave pool and the lazy river.

Afterwards I met up with Tin, McKenna, Suzanne, Brittany, Alex, and Dan. We went on the T-express, the largest wood rollercoaster in Korea. We also went on a rough water ride, that was fairly tame since in Korea they had us covered with a plastic tarp to keep us from getting wet. After that we went to an "Italian" restuarant on the main square of Everland. We watched the show and fireworks after dinner. Tin and I left the park together and met up with our coworker, Rachel, and a former coworker, Charles.

A seashell picture spot in Everland.

Tin and I are Mermaids!


The uniforms of the workers in Carribean Bay...made me giggle. Their shirts are so colorful!
Brittany, Suzanne, Me, Tin, and Mckenna


Leaving Carribean Bay
Eating ice cream cake with Tin, Rachel, and Charles.

This cake was so yummy! Four different flavors!

On my actual birthday, we have a tradition at work to eat cake with the whole staff and sing happy birthday. We had dinner at reservations for 9 that night, so we had cake BEFORE classes, which diffently helped all of us fight the energy the kids bring. Notice, this is my second cake for my birthday!

Very yummy!

And then at dinner, Tin bought me my THIRD CAKE! So many yummy cakes to celebrate my 25th!

Alex, Mckenna, Tin, Sunny, Nicole, Me, Scott

Nicole and I taking a Bailey's shot.
I had a really enjoyable birthday and was happy that the following weekend was going to be Mud Festival! The mud festival in Korea is very famous. It is in Boryeong, which is a coastal city. A special mud is made with the earth and sea water and they make a giant area where you can play in the mud with slip and slides, inflatible giant slides, and obstacle courses. It basically gives you an excuse to run around in the mud for hours!
The weekend we went was the first weekend of the two week festival and it was packed with foreigners. It wasn't the warmest of days, with on and off drizzling all day and raining that night.  We had a really large group of us, 15 total, staying in our room that we got. Since this festival was muddy, I didn't take many pictures. Thank you , BRYAN, again for risking your camera and getting pictures of us!
Prepping for the cold and before getting muddy!



Almost all of us in the room. And clean!
Muddy shot!

Firworks in between the rain.

Taking pictures of the fireworks


Thanks Bryan for the picture! :)


No comments: